A high quality replica Bronze figure with silver finish of the famous Third Reich nude Victory statue holding wreath with swastika on marble plinth and signed "Thorak" .Josef Thorak (1889-1952) was an official sculptor of the Third Reich and famous for heroic grandiose sculptures such as the "striding horses" which stood outside the Reich Chancellery. The figure stands 16" including plinth which conceals a further bronze swastika.
LAH N.C.O's cyphers for the shoulderboards. These were purchased in the late 1980's by the author Robin Lumsden as original and there is some debate by SS collectors whether they are original or not, with 50% of collectors who believe they are original and 50% who believe they are produced in Eastern Europe. The fact these were purchaised before the Berlin Wall came down seems to dispel this theory, however in light of this we have erred on the
side of caution and are selling them as high quality replicas with a
view that they are possibly original but have no conclusive evidence. We have priced them accordingly, prongs to reverse missing.
Army/Waffen S.S. Anti Partisan Combat Badge in Bronze. Instituted as a Waffen S.S. and Police award in January 1944 but open to members of all services. Awarded after 20 days of active anti partisan service.An excellent quality hollow die struck piece with flat pin fitting.
The Luftwaffe Diamond issue of the Pilot/Observer Badge was introduced by Hermann Göring in 1935.Its recipients were extremely varied, ranging from the German military elite including Erwin Rommel, Wolfram von Richthofen and Göring himself, to Finnish Commander-in-Chief Baron von Mannerheim and Italian leader Benito Mussolini. It features the bejewelled eagle clutching the swastika at the centre, framed by a laurel and oakleaf wreath.Complete with maker's name on reverse and flat pin, the badges have a semi-matt gilt wreath and silver eagle, bejewelled with imitation diamonds. The piece is also made in the correct two-piece, riveted construction.
The Spanish Cross was awarded to members of Legion Kondor, a Division comprising of German Soldiers serving in the Spanish Civil War. The issue with diamonds was reserved for those deserving the highest honour, and was only ever awarded to 28 people, predominantly successful Luftwaffe Pilots.This gold issue is made from a zinc alloy and finished with a ring of imitation diamonds around the swastika. They also feature the correct vertical pin on the reverse.
The Lapland Shield was the last officially instituted German battle shield of the war. This award, created in February of 1945, was to recognize the efforts of the 20th Mountain Army group commanded by General Boehme, who had been fighting a two front war against the British and the Russians since November 1944. The shield was officially approved on May 1st, 1945, a day after Hitler’s death. The Army surrendered to the British on May 8th, 1945.Thought the shield was recorded into Soldbuchs as early as April, it is believed that no awards were actually presented at this time. However, after the cessation of hostilities the German forces in the area found that their captor, General Thorne, went against common practice and allowed his prisoners to wear their decorations (it is of interest to note that the reason for the liberal attitude of the British forces was that at that time the possibility of using German troops to stem the Soviet advance had not been discarded). In light of this circumstance, the men of 20th Army began to produce their own shields from whatever material was available in the area.
Maker mark '41' The U-boat Front Clasp (U-Boot-Frontspange) or U-boat Combat Clasp, as it is better known, was a German badge that was awarded to holders of the U-boat War Badge to recognize continued combat service and valor during World War II. It was awarded in three grades, bronze, silver and gold. This is the post war 1957 reissue.
These Narvik Battle Shields were introduced on 19th August, 1940, to commemorate the capture of the Norwegian port of Narvik. The gold version was for issue to members of the Kriegsmarine.With an antiqued gilt finish, these shields are complete with steel backing plate and field grey cloth backing material.
Narvik Battle Shields were introduced on 19th August, 1940, to commemorate the capture of the Norwegian port of Narvik. The silver version was for issue to members of the Army and Luftwaffe.Silvered finish complete with steel backing plate and field grey cloth backing material.
The Kuban Battle Shield was instituted on the 20th September, 1943. They were issued to members of the German armed forces who defended the bridgeheads of the Kuban region.Following their defeat at Stalingrad in February, 1943, the Wehrmacht was forced back into the Kuban region. The bridgeheads in the region were of vital strategic importance, with Hitler earmarking the area as the potential base for launching a counter attack on the Soviet Army. The Kuban Shield was awarded to those who formed the defensive line through the region, symbolised by the lower half of the shield.Bronzed gilt finish, these shields are complete with steel backing plate and field grey cloth backing material.
Maker marked Richard Sieper & Sohne Ludenscheid.RZM and M1/25 marked.The Germanic Proficiency Runes Award of the S.S. was instituted on 15th August, 1943, by Heinrich Himmler. It was awarded to Germanic S.S. members for exemplary conduct and merit. This silver version of the award is complete with maker's name and code on reverse as well as the correct wide pin fitting.These badges have a silvered finish and black enamel, with maker's mark and wide pin on the back.
Numbered L/40 These 1939 WWII Wound Badges in Gold were awarded to servicemen who had sustained five or more wounds. The solid brass badges have a gilt finish, and have the correct original style pin and maker’s code mark on the back.
Maker marked '30' These 1939 WWII Wound Badges in Black were awarded to servicemen who had sustained one or two wounds.These brass badges have a black painted finish, and have the correct original style pin and maker’s code mark on the back.
The Anti-Partisan badge in silver grade was instituted as a Waffen S.S. and Police award in January 1944 but were open to members of all services. It was awarded for 50 days of active anti-partisan service. The badges are die-struck with a hollow back complete with flat pin fitting.
The Fallschirmjager badge was earned by paratroopers of the Luftwaffe during WW2. The cloth version was worn on the service tunic in place of the metal award, which had the potential to be a hinderance or get damaged in the field. The badge is embroidered in a mouse grey and golden yellow cotton on a Luftwaffe blue wool backing.