Framed and signed print by Mike Aspinall depicting Wing Commander Guy Gibson's Lancaster attacking the Mohne dam on the night of 16-17 May 1943 . The print is signed by four 617 Squadron crew who flew in the raid and by two crucial members of the 617 Squadron ground crew.
Collection only due to glass in frame.We have other signed prints in stock too, please contact us for details.
Rare example of the German M42 helmet issued to early Austrian Gendamerie units in the postwar period up to 1955.Thereafter the Austrians used the American M1 helmet. The M42 is with its original German liner and size stamped 56.Drawstring present.There is a faint stamp to liner that appears to be Third Reich era and also the owners name written in ink 'Gorekor'.The chinstrap is Austrian issue and the helmet shell is painted in Austrian grey with a metal Gendarmerie flaming grenade device badge attached to the left hand side.Rear interior of helmet neck guard has number stamp.
Flight lieutenant's mess dress uniform comprising of jacket with gold bullion observer breve and kings crown gilt buttons.Moss Brothers Covent Garden label named to Wookey, complete with waistcoat and trousers.The jacket is approximately a 38 inch chest with arm length from shoulder to bottom of sleeve 24 and a half inches, the waistcoat is approximately a 38 inch chest and the trousers are 32-33 inch waist and 28 inch inside leg. There is a small hole approximately 1 inch x a quarter inch on the upper front of trousers just below the crotch.
Officers mess dress complete with officers gold wire Commando qualification badge to top left sleeve. Lower sleeve features officers gold wire Divers badge for shallow water and Chief Engineer Royal Corps of Transport Fleet. Medal award loops and label to inside is named to P.J. Robyns and dated Camberley 1966. Robyns was Captain of the Ex WW2 Tank landing craft HMAV Audemer LCT (Landing Craft Tank) Mk 8 which had it's superstructure enlarged, to house extra staff when the vessel was converted to a Squadron HQ in 1961.The HMAV Audemer was also commanded by Captain Robyns when it took part in the Queens Silver Jubilee review in 1977. During the Cold War the Audemer was used as a transport ship to and from the rocket tracking station on Hirta, St Kilda, Scotland.
Visor cap and brown leather folder,worn and used by ex R.A.F. Pilot who later flew for B.E.A.(British European Airways) .Contains paperwork pertaining to his pension scheme with the airline.Visor has embroidered BEA badge to front and maker label to cap interior.Interesting items for Aviation enthusiasts.Aquired as part of collection from R.A.F. veteran's family
Early Bundeswehr hobnailed jackboots.The standard boots from 1957 onwards did not have the hobnailed sole.Inside uppers are number stamped.Soles are size stamped '42 5 8'.Upper strap fasteners have been removed.Ideal for WWII German reenactor or uniform display
Postwar German stove stamped Esbit to front and on inside 'D.R.P.u. Ausl.Patente'.Differs from war time versions in having the 'teeth' to lid doors.
Zinc alloy Souvenir money box commemorating the coronation of Queen Elizabeth in 1953. There is some wear to the red paint and rubbing to the gold.The base is stamped with MADE IN ENGLAND and each side of the base has inscriptions ''ELIZABETH, JUNE 2, CORONATION, 1953''. This is a very nice piece of British Royal history.
WW2 Era veterans medal ribbons mounted on postwar rack.Comprises Navy Battle Efficiency Award,U.S. Navy Good Conduct Medal,Navy-M.C. China Service 37-39 Medal,American Defence Medal,European/African/Middle East Medal,WWII Victory Medal,National Defence Medal,Korea Medal,Korea U.N. Medal. Reverse has label of well known military dealer Ken Nolan of Irvine California who was a big militaria and medal dealer in the 60's up until 2005.
1960's tea caddy spoon from the Dunera ship. Built 1937 by Barclay Curle & Co Glasgow in Yard 633.Part of the British India Steam Navigation Co she became a war time troop ship and was involved in the controversial transport to Australia of Jewish refugees who had fled Germany to safety in Britain only to be deported.Also on board were German and Italian P.O.W's.Conditions on board for the 57 day voyage were deplorable and included the ship being struck by a torpedo and the passengers being badly treated by the British guards some of whom were court martialled on arrival in Melbourne.
After the war she was refitted and in 1960 became a educational cruise ship.She provided dormitory accommodation for pupils together with classrooms, lecture theatre/cinema, library and deck space for sports.There was accommodation for teachers and also for independent travellers.Her first schools cruise was from Greenock on 12th April 1961. She was scrapped in Spain in 1967.
SS Uganda was a passenger liner, then cruise ship, hospital ship and troop ship between 1952 and 1986.She served with distinction in the Falklands and was painted with Red Crosses.She treated both British and Argentine casualties and had helicopter platforms built on her decks to accomodate Sea King helicopters.