Maker stamped 'Dfh.b' and complete with throat microphones and central switching box with jack plugs. Switching box has 1941 dated Waffenampt and maker marked (Fu)b .Bakelite construction switch box and plugs with rubber ear pieces either side of sheet steel leather wrapped harness. Bakelite throat microphones with sheet steel leather wrapped neck set. Connection wires are black fabic wrapped.
All in excellent condition.
Approximately 95% of decal remaining. One pad from liner missing. Minus chinstrap. Stamped sheet steel beaded rim construction helmet. Retains nearly all its dark blue paint. Interestingly the liner has had several pieces of cloth with flower design stitched on the inside, possibly done by owner's wife perhaps.
A very nice group with historic connection to a Mrs S.H. Richmond of 5 Ruskin Terr Glasgow. Interestingly this address was believed to be the base for Winston Churchill on his visits to Glasgow and was used on several occasions for War Cabinet Meetings in the former Private Member's Club. Above the entrance to 5 Ruskin Terr are engraved the words ''CHURCHILL ROOMS''. In January 41 Churchill met President Roosevelt's Special Envoy Harry Hopkins at the North British Hotel in George Sq to discuss Britain's Wartime Resolve.
Possibly Mrs Richmond was based at 5 Ruskin Terr when Churchill visited ,we will never know for sure ,however we know that she was at this historic address certainly for receiving her Defence Medal so it may have been at the end of the war she was quartered here or indeed lived here . Included is her Transit box, Entitlement Slip, W.V.S. Enamel Badge, Defence Medal , War Service Chevrons cloth badge, Three embroidered WVS Cloth badges and a 'GLASGOW ' cloth title. The War Service Chevron was worn from February 1944 and with five chevrons shows that Mrs Richmond had five years service. The WVS badges were introduced in Dec 1939 and worn on the lower right sleeve of the tweed jacket and overcoat, and in summer on the left breast of the summer dress. One inch beneath this badge would be worn the 'GLASGOW' title.
This is one of the badges produced after the issued awards. They were given as replacements and to relatives of the injured Airman. These badges are themselves very scarce and only a small number were manufactured. There was only 639 original badges issued to badly burned Airmen of the R.A.F. who were treated by the famous pioneering surgeon Sir Archibald MacIndoe at East Grinstead Hospital.
With black gloss paint on outside. Inside helmet skirt shows rusting at edges. With complete liner and chinstrap. With size stamp to liner 59/61 . Number stamp to helmet shell rear. Front of helmet has a painted unidentified decal.
Alloy buckle with De-Nazified swastika though the swastika can still be seen. Back has 'GES GESCH' stamp and maker stamp 'O&C' inside triangle for 'Overhoff & Cie , Ludenscheid'
Green canvas bag with black TeNo stamp inside closure flap. Two alloy closure buttons. Brown leather straps with alloy buckles. All stitching intact. Five alloy pegs, all dated and maker stamped. Three dated 39, one 41, one 40.
Zinc alloy construction medal with bronze wash. Tan cardstock issue envelope with maker printed to back for ' Carl Poellath Schrobenhansen.' come with good quality replacement ribbon.