Approximately 1840s-50s this helmet was worn by Egyptian Cuirassier regiments who were bodyguards to the Khedive of Egypt Muhammed Ali Pasha.He was Khedive or Viceroy/Governor of Egypt and Sudan, a vassal of the Ottoman Empire.
These helmets were made in France and also by Henry Wilkinson of London.The Cuirassier Uniforms of the Khedives regiments followed European military styles of the time particularly France.There is much rust throughout the surface and interior of helmet but this could be cleaned up and removed and improve the appearance.
Crown is missing its dome and half moon spike and there is no chainmail aventail present to rear.Interior liner is also absent.Left side of chinstrap chainmail is present however the right side is missing a part of its attachment.Interior rear neck guard has the aventail chainmail attachment hooks present. Brass helmet centre band and round brass side discs in reasonable condition.There are three dents to the upper crown at front,side and rear.
The front arrow shaped visor guard is rusted but intact.To front right side of helmet crown is white paint that appears to be an accidental occurence at some time.
An unusual and rare helmet.
Nice nickel silver ,two piece construction Red Cross Buckle, 1933 pattern Weimar period.Belt leather in excellent condition with stitched nickel D rings.Leather tab stamped '100'
Very nice pennant for 50 years membership in the 'Braunschweiger Landwehr Verband'.Brass hanging rail with pennant in the Brunswick colours and similar coloured tassles.Pennant is 11'' in length and 5'' width.Bottom of pennant has gilt bullion tassles.To centre of pennant is silver metal Brunswick Landwehr badge surmounting silver Iron cross containing words 'For God,King and Empire with date 1875 beneath.Hanging from cross is a gilt pendant containing number '50' and the word 'Jahre'(Years) circled with oakleaves . Some stitching coming away to pennant where it holds the brass rail.
Very unusual wooden chair, we have been unable to find out exactly what this chair is for, but it has been suggested it is a memorial chair for a fallen comrade.The chair has the soldiers name J.Dietrich painted above a wood inlay German helmet with 1914 -1918 and sword within a shield.On either side of the shield is a painted panzer and Panzer badge.A very unusual item, any further information on this item would be welcome.Chair is quite fragile to post so buyer must collect or arrange courier. V.G.C.
Very unusual wooden chair, we have been unable to find out exactly what this chair is for, but it has been suggested it is a memorial chair for a fallen comrade.The chair has the sailors name F. Konig painted above a wood inlay German helmet with 1914 -1918 and sword within a shield.On either side of the shield is a painted U boat and U boat badge.A very unusual item, any further information on this item would be welcome.Chair is quite fragile to post so buyer must collect or arrange courier. V.G.C.
Fair condition binoculars with some wear and tear as expected.One large pece of leather covering missing.Stamped with maker 'C.P. GOERZ BERLIN TRIEDER BINOCLE' and serial number '313811'.
Eye pieces have several small chips.Lenses both working and clear. Strap and lens cover complete.
Commemorative badge for veterans and members of the German Warrior League.Complete enamel badge featuring Imperial colours and Prussian eagle with sash featuring the words 'Mit Gott fur Konig und Vaterland'( With God,for King and Fatherland) and 'Preussischer Landes-Kriegerverband'( Prussian National Warrior League) Complete with pin to reverse and maker stamp 'HEINR. TIMM, BERLIN C.19 WALLSTR 17/18 , GES.GESCHUTZ'
Alloy badge commemorating the 400th anniversary(1531-1931) of the founding of the Priviledged Guard Guild(Privilegierte Schutzengilde) Guard duty for the town was provided by members of the towns guilds who would take turns to do the Nightwatch as well as other guard duties.
Machine woven DRKB(German Veteran Association) emblem.Emblem consists of a white bordered shield with the Imperial German colours beneath the "Kyffhäuserbund," war memorial monument